You might wonder at least once why and how Koreans have so glowing and less aging skin. Along with innovation and advanced technology of Korean skincare, here are more beauty tips that you might have wondered.
1. Four season around sunscreen - there is stereo type that Korean women like to have pale skin. This is half true and half myth. Some type of women like to have pale skin but some others prefer to have tanned skin. However, the common beauty habit is that sunscreen is not only for summer but four season around skin care must ritual. Have you ever siin big large black suncap that middle aged korean woman was wearing in gangnam style music video? It looks funny but yes, it is real. In my case, I don't go out to even supermarket without sunscreen. In winter? yes of course sunscreen can not be missed because UV rays are still there and damaging the skin. For this reason, sunscreen trend in Korea is much advanced so now consumers consider that the sunscreen is even whether with physical or chemical sun protection method. As sunscreen has become the basic skincare item, there are many good products even with calming and soothing effect and super airy texture. Purito Centella Green Level Unscented Sun SPF 50+PA++++ is formulated with centella extract for calming care and hyaluronic acid for hydration. If you are tired of greasy and whitecast sunscreen so far, you will love this sunscreen for sure.
2. No heavy makeup - We all have some spots and blemish that want to hide. The point of Korean skincare is to cover the skin flaws as natural as possible. In order to have this look, adjust the uneven skin tone with lightweight BB cream or cushion pact with good coverage is enough. No need to apply heavy makeup to hide your skin flaws. Plus, if your skin is not hydrated enough, makeup becomes cracky and caky. Most of Korean BB creams gives the moisturisation and good coverage at the same time. Klairs Illuminationg Supple Blemish Cream gives the moisturizer-like texture while concealing skin flaws very naturally.
3. Love the hydration - Hydration will be one of the most frequent words amoung Korean skincare. If you look at famous beauty youtubers video clips, the one about hydration and moisturiser always has the highest views. Glowing skin is plump, supple and healthy skin and all these factors basically start from good hydration. Although your skin is oily, it is important to provide good hydration so the skin in balance of oil and moisture. For oily type, it is recommended to use oil-free moisturiser. It helps control the oiliness while providing the moisturisation so the skin can be in natural balance. The Plant Base Waterfall Moist Balanced Hyaluronic acid 100 is 100% hyaluronic acid is so versatile. It can be used alone as a moisturiser or you can mix 1-2 drops of it into your moisturiser. It boosts the hydration effect all day long.
4. No need multi regime skincare steps. Be minimal - To be honest, Koreans don't do 5 or 10 steps of skincare. Furthermore, the ongoing Korean skincare trend is 'skip-care' to minimize the skincare regime and let the skin breathe. Most iconic items are AHA/BHA products. AHA and BHA are not only chemical exfoliators but have the ability of smoothing out skin texture, improving dull complexion and diminishing fine wrinkes. AHA and BAH are now combined with toner as a multi-functional skincare item. Thus, exfoliating, toning, hydrating and anti-aging can be all done at the same time. For AHA and BHA products, you can use them 2-3 times a week after cleansing your face and add moisturiser or serum to provide deeper hydration. If your skin is comfortable at this stage, no need to add anything else. COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying toner is great to smooth out skin texture and cleanse out pores without irritation. It also helps to cure acne.
5. Check the ingredients - The application for checking the safety level of ingredients in beauty products is one of the most popular mobile beauty applications in Korea. You can see that many Korean women turn on the application and keep checking the mobile while testing the beauty products. Going through the safety of ingredients is now a must ritual for Korean consumers. You might recognize that many of Korean skincare products are unscented. It is because Korean consumers start to avoid artifical fragrance that migh cause any skin troubles. Or some of the products contain the botanical essential oil to give the natural scent. Benton Cacao Moist And Mild Serum does not contain any artifical fragrance but formulated with 80% of cacao extract. Apply 2-3 drops of it after cleansing and toning. Skin will feel comfortable and hydrated.